Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Post Surgery

I had the lapband surgery this past Monday, 7/26/10. I was the first patient at 7:30am. I was sore, but glad it was finally over. I came home yesterday morning, 7/27/20. I did well with the pre-liquid diet. I was allowed one meal per day, which made everything easier. The protein drinks filled me up. I am now on the post-liquid diet. I am doing okay. As others said in the local support group, you are not really hungry after the surgery, so food is not an issue right now. I am a little sore, but okay. I was walking since I was able to at the hospital so I continue to do that. Everyone I know talked about the possibility of gas. I am going through that. I did not have a hernia to repair as some did so no shoulder pain. I only have 3 scars, which I thought I would have had one or two more, so that is a good thing. I am so glad I had the surgery and ready for this journey I have put myself on. I have not been on a scale since before the surgery. I found that I lost three pounds before starting the pre-liquid diet. My doctor said in the hospital after surgery that I have probably lost a lot since doing the pre-liquid and will continue to lose while doing the post-liquid. So I am trying to avoid a scale until next week when I start soft foods. I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment