Sunday, August 1, 2010

Soft Diet

Well, I start my soft diet tomorrow and I am definitely ready to add something. It's been a rough week being on the liquid diet. Not because of the liquids itself, but I know I'm an emotional eater. My biological father died Saturday morning and I have really wanted to eat! I have been doing okay. My biological father and I had started to reconnect this year as he had been absent fromm my life. I was raised by my stepfather since I was 2 or 3 years old, who I have always considered my "daddy." He was the one that was always there for me no matter what and dared anyone to call me his "stepchild." Anyway, my biological father and I had been communicating more lately. We weren't as close as he wanted us to be, but we had at least gotten to the point where I could tell him I loved him and meant it. It was hard talking to him at first because I felt that I had not missed out on having a father, it was his loss for walking out on me and my mom. However, I have found as an adult, I had to forgive him in order to move on, which I did. So while it is sad that he passed, I find peace in the fact that we were able to communicate again and he was able to tell me how proud he was of my accomplishments with my career and family. Other siblings that grew up with him are having a really hard time and my heart goes out to them. Being with them and seeing and hearing them cry and grieve has been rough, but I have had to be the strong one and comfort them. My younger sisters grew up in the home with him and their mother, so they were the closest to him. They lived in the same city..Jacksonville, a few hours away from me. My father's birthday would have been tomorrow, 8/2/10. In addition, one of my brothers had surgery earlier in the week and has to go back under again tomorrow, 8/2. So there have been things going on, which have made the liquid diet harder. I have persevered and tomorrow I can start soft foods.

I also walked for 15 minutes on my treadmill this evening. This is the first "real" exercise I have done since the surgery on Monday, 7/26. Sure, I walked up and down the floor after surgery and came home and walked outside. I even walked from my house to the clubhouse, which is only 2-3 houses down..LOL. But this was my first part of getting back into my exercise routine I had started before surgery. Before surgery I was up to 30 minutes on the treadmill with an elevated incline, Zumba classes at the gym, and water aerobics including laps in the pool. I was told I should be back to 30 minutes of exercise by the time I come in for my 2-week doctor visit, which is next week. My goal is to be at 30 minutes on the treadmill by mid-week.

So on I go..pressing forward to my mark. I still have not been on a scale. I think I will go and buy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment